Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hey, Cupcake!



Last Sunday was cupcake day. I spent about seven hours making chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and pineapple cupcakes with lemon buttercream. I am a little bias, but they were delicious.

The pineapple cupcakes were a new recipe from a cupcake cookbook I picked up a couple of weeks ago. The pieces of real pineapple made them perfect for the cookout we attended on Monday. The only complaint was that the batter didn’t go very far given my propensity for filling the cups almost to the top.

I find that it is hard to be unhappy when you bite into a cupcake. They are slightly messy and oh so tasty and completely take you back to your childhood.

1 comment:

honeykbee said...

Looks like you filled the cup just perfectly to me (I always get like 16 out of a recipe for 24 anyway!)