Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 21 - International Travel


I finally booked my flight to Kenya. This will be the first time I'm travelling to another country. Here are my thoughts.


1. The longest flight I have ever been on was 4 hours from Ohio to LA.
2. I'm pretty much cringing at the thought of two 8 hour flights.
3. My layover is at London's Heathrow Airport.
4. I have always wanted to go to London so I am super excited.
5. We have a six and a half hour layover at Heathrow.
6. I'm investigating a layover tour of London that I read about in a New York Times article.
7. I am just incredibly worried that I will miss my connecting flight.
8. I'm still not sure how I'm getting from the airport in Kenya to the hotel.
9. I'm putting together a reading list for my trip.
10. I am going to get all my vaccines tomorrow.
11. I heard that the Yellow Fever shot hurts. Yuck!
12. I am sure that getting the Yellow Fever vaccine is better than actually getting Yellow Fever.
13. I need to make sure that I get my perscription for the anti-malaria pills tomorrow too.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Go for the London tour. It's a great city, and the thought of spending 6.5 hours stuck at Heathrow is a bit hellish. You could even hop on the Heathrow express train (a 15 minute ride into the city) just to have lunch and a few pints. Have fun in Kenya!