Friday, May 11, 2007

Waiting on the World to Change



I was listening to John Mayer’s song, Waiting on the World to Change, this morning. As I was thinking about it today, I realized that it really summarized where I was in my life.

I feel like I am where I was six months ago and not feeling fulfilled. I have been waiting for things to change. I guess in the back of my head I have always had a back up plan, but I figure eventually things had to change. Maybe I need to change the world. I need to decide what is going to make me feel fulfilled. I need to create a world that I am happy with.

One of my friends is going through the same fight with her boyfriend that she has every three months. She’s just waiting on him to change. I think that it is finally sinking in that she needs to change her relationship. She needs to create the environment where she will be treated the way that she deserves.

So what are you waiting on to change?

No comments: