Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Sephora Safari

Last night, Khara and I hit the mall in search of a dress for me to wear to Van’s birthday dinner on Saturday. What started out as a one-stop shop, turned into a full out glamour-fest.

After picking up the perfect dress at J Crew, we decided to visit Sephora to get our make-up done. As I have mentioned before, I am a pretty low-maintenance girl and don’t usually wear make-up. I don’t have that natural ability to pick colors that work so I needed a lot of help.

We tried out the i.d. Bare Escentuals kit. The make up is really natural and doesn’t feel like you caked a ton of powder on your face. The best part is that the kit comes with a DVD in case I get stuck at home. I figured that it was pretty Katie-proof.

After I had my turn, Khara stepped up to the plate. She tested out the tinted i.d. Mineral Veil and I had a chance to pay her back for the lovely pictures she took of me.

Once we finished our Sephora safari, we headed to Macy’s to pick up some new shoes to complete the look. I found a pair of really sexy high heeled shoes. They aren’t the most practical, but boy do they look hot.

I must say I am very proud of us. In one night we managed to create one tastefully sexy look with not a single pleat in sight.

No comments: