Monday, March 12, 2007

Guitar Hero 101

Last Friday, Van purchased Guitar Hero as a birthday present for himself. Since then we have been rocking out to Boston and Queen. I even unlocked Sweet Child of Mine yesterday.

For those of you who are new to the game, the object is to use the guitar controller and hit the fret keys that correspond to the notes that your character plays. Sounds easy, right? If you do really well, you can earn star power and if you miss too many notes you get booed off the stage.

I’m not the type who really gets into video games, but this game makes you feel like a rock star. I was bopping my head and dancing around. I even tried to jump in the air and hit the ground in sync with the last power chord of Sweet Child of Mine. I was so into it that I almost broke a sweat.

I know this sounds a little geekish, but we are seriously glad that we had the foresight to pick up the wireless guitar. It makes being a rocker just a little bit easier. We are going to pick up a second guitar so we can have our own band. If only they made one in pink…

1 comment:

ScottTIwata said...

The GREATEST GAME EVER. The new version for the XBox360 will have songs you can download and add to the game. Now we need to get Sarah to get on board and we could have our own band!