Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Furniture

The move is almost over. I am so happy. Moving has been a true test of patience on both ends. I knew that it would be challenging, but I didn’t realize how hard it would be to combine to different styles and ways of doing things.

Last Saturday, our friends Tyler and Kat stopped by for a visit. We took a break from the move and spent the day with them.

We walked down to Old Town to have lunch at the Flying Fish, a great sushi restaurant. Everything went really well, I didn’t gag once. On the way to lunch we ran into the St. Patrick’s Day parade.

After lunch, we took Tyler and Kat to see the new place. Then we headed to Ikea.

Tyler and Kat were actually in the middle of moving as well so we did some much needed apartment shopping. Van and I ended up buying a sofa and armchair.

We weren’t planning on buying new furniture, but the more we thought about it we realized it was a good idea. Everything we owned was hand-me-down furniture from our parents and friends. We didn’t have anything that matched and it didn’t seem worth investing any more money into the existing couch.

Everything is being delivered on Friday and I am so excited to have real furniture. It is going to be so nice to have people over and have a comfortable place for them to sit. I feel like a real adult. Instead of spending my raise on the chocolate brown Kate Spade bag that I have been dying to have, I bought a beautiful chocolate brown couch.

No comments: