Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Free Coffee

All this week, the Borders on L Street is giving away free 12 oz beverages to promote the reopening of their café. Everyday this week I have been there enjoying one of their delicious coffee beverages.

Overall, I am incredibly impressed with this promotion and I hope that it pays off for them. I have saved more than $15 by getting my morning lattes there. My coworker Michele has saved even more. By the time she gets her coffee with soy milk the 12 oz flavored latte costs almost $4. Multiply that by the 5 visits she will make this week and she saved $20.

Were it not for the promotion, I probably wouldn’t have stopped for a coffee given the Starbucks around the corner. I just don’t think about going to Borders when the coffee craving hits, but after this week I will think twice about going to Starbucks.

I have to admit that the Vanilla Skim Latte at Borders is pretty darn good and I actually prefer their iced version over the Starbucks’ one. If you want to check them out, here is the link to the coupon for a free 12 oz beverage. Your taste buds and wallet will thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI - more free coffee this Thursday

Thursday's coffee break on Starbucks

P-I STAFF

Starbucks thinks you deserve a break.

A free coffee break, that is.

The Seattle-based coffee company is giving away free 12- ounce cups of brewed coffee from 10 a.m. to noon at nearly all of its U.S. and Canadian stores Thursday.

"It's to celebrate our coffee and our customers and introduce our coffee to new customers," Starbucks spokeswoman Lisa Passe said.

Passe said all Seattle-area stores would honor the promotion, which is in its second year and will be held in nearly 9,000 stores. Starbucks also will have "coffee masters" on hand to offer advice on varieties of coffee.

Passe did not have an estimate on how many free cups of coffee the company plans to give away for its Coffee Break. The value of the promotion cannot be used for other drinks, Passe said.

The promotion comes on the heels of Consumer Reports magazine's saying last month that McDonald's premium roast coffee tasted better and cost less than drip coffee at Starbucks.