Tuesday, October 24, 2006

When I Grow Up

Last Saturday, I went with Van to a dinner party hosted by his project manager, Mike. This was the first time I was being introduced to Van's co-workers and I wasn't sure what to expect.

We had an excellent time and spent the night eating, drinking great wine, and laughing. Carol and Mike love to travel and they shared some of their adventures. We even watched a video of them white water rafting in Africa a couple of years ago.

The video was fabulous. It was amazing watching two take on level five rapids as their raft literally disappeared in the rapids. Carol said that even their kids couldn’t believe that they did it.

Meeting Mike and Carol really made me want to have those kinds of adventures when I grow up. When I am fifty, I want to have the guts to take on the rapids. I want to travel around the world and have fascinating stories to share.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You will. But don't wait until then. Start now and never stop.

Anonymous said...

I just read that you were added to the Thursday Thirteen blogroll. Welcome! See ya Thursday!