Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Knitting Nightmare

So I decided that I my domestic goddess status wouldn’t be official until I had mastered the art of knitting. I am a pretty crafty person and I thought that this was going to be pretty easy.

Over the last couple of weeks, I patiently assemble everything that I needed to get started. I began with this winter knits kit that ended up being more frustrating than anything else. The “25 patterns, guide to basic techniques and everything need to complete one small project” turned out to be everything I needed to accomplish nothing at all.

Still determined, I went back and found a “knitting handbook.” As detailed as the directions looked, I still couldn’t make it work.

Two books and eight Web sites later, I have managed to put together about four rows of something that resembles a knit. I am pretty sure that I am still not knitting correctly, but I have to admit that I am rather proud of what I have accomplished. It is definitely a sign of progress and at this point, I will take anything I can get!

So if anyone has any helpful knitting hints, I am in desperate need!

2 comments:

Miss Tonia said...

Hi, if you still need knitting help, you can go to www.knittinghelp.com. She has free video help on just about everything.

Happy Knitting!

Wendy said...

I have no hints. I can't knit. HOWEVER, when you're ready, we could use some hats for our Hats for Healing program - where we knit and crochet hats for chemo patients. You in?