Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #7 - In My Kitchen


I baked a pumpkin pie last night and I was reminded of all of the things that I love in my kitchen. Here are my thirteen favorite Kitchen Items.



1. My KitchenAid Mixer. This baby made me understand why guys like cars so much. Hearing that engine makes you want to jump for joy.
2. My pink silicon spooncula. It gets practically all of your cake batter out of your bowl.
3. Disposable pastry bags - whoever invented these was a genius.
4. My martini glass shaped cookie cutter. It isn’t the most practical cookie cutter, but it sure is fun.
5. Neon food coloring. I just love color.
6. Fiesta ware – It is microwave AND oven safe. The jumbo mugs are perfect for individual soufflés.
7. Orka oven mitt – No one wants to burn their hand and we all know how accident prone I am.
8. My authentic Pat O’Brien’s hurricane glasses from New Orleans. I couldn’t believe the glasses all survived the plane trip home. They were probably in better shape than I was.
9. My Smores maker that doubles as a fondue pot – it is a party waiting to happen. Sarah and Beth give the best gifts.
10. The huge Tupperware bowl that is the perfect storage container for cakes when flipped upside down.
11. A chef’s knife. It makes all the difference in the world when trying to slice a whole pineapple.
12. My pink apron.
13. The fridge, need I say more?





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: