Friday, January 12, 2007

The Waltons

Van and I were on the way home from Richmond last weekend and he was telling me that he believes that every person has one aspect of their life that is a fairytale. Maybe you have found your prince charming and you are living happily ever after.

In Van’s case, he is the Dawson’s Creek. He has this huge group of friends who grew up together and still to this day are the best of friends. Honestly, it is a bit surreal. I didn’t like that many people from my high school when I was there, let alone have that many people I still talk to today.

So I asked Van what my fairytale was. He smiled and said you are the Waltons.

I have the family that makes everyone feel like part of the group. I grew up laughing, being incredibly happy and spoiled rotten. To this day my Mom is still my best friend, I am great friends with my brother, and of course I am still Daddy’s little girl.

I also have this incredibly fun group of aunts and uncles and cousins. My aunts and uncles are complete foodies. The family can sit and drink and talk for hours. There is nothing like spending the day that way.

My cousins are completely trouble and completely fun. Whether it is Paige taking us to South Beach on Easter Sunday or Ryan spending the weekend in DC, I always have fun.

I am an incredibly lucky person to have that kind of family, but am I really limited to only one fairytale.

Can’t I have the marriage that my parents have? Married 32 plus years and still in love. Or is it because my parents were so happy, my family is so happy?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You will create what you know. And you grew up watching a happy fairy-tale marriage. Your odds are outstanding.

Anonymous said...

Wait, which Dawson's character am I?