Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Dirty Little Secret


I think that I have always been classified as the “good girl.” I didn’t drink in high school and I have never done drugs or smoked cigarettes. I did miss curfew occasionally – okay maybe more than occasionally. Overall, I was a pretty good kid. That doesn’t mean that I am without my vices.

I love tattoos. Yup, I have wanted once since I was 13.

I want to have a huge blossom like a peony tattooed on the top of my right foot. My brother is totally creative and artistic and I thought it would be really cool to have him design something.

There have been plenty of reasons that have kept me from actually doing the deed. I was worried how it would look at a job interview or how it would look 20 years from now at a PTA meeting. And my parents would kill me.

I have always said that if I still wanted one when I was 30 that I would really do it. Thirty is still a good six years away, but I can tell you that I won’t be getting a tattoo to celebrate.

I am sure that in six years, I will still be too concerned about how it would look as a professional, a wife and a mother to have a tattoo.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I got one for my 40th. While it might be saggy when I'm old or the PTA moms might see it surreptiously, but I don't care. I did it for me.

honeykbee said...

Never say "sure"...

Melissa said...

I got one for my 21st. The thing to do is put it someplace where you can cover it up easily. A lot of women like their upper arms because all you have to do is where sleeves to cover it. But Wendy's right, its for you, not anyone else, and as long as it isn't too much (i.e. on your neck or a racist symbol), no one is really going to care.