Thursday, November 16, 2006

It’s a Scarf – Sort of


Finally, after about 20 hours of knitting, it’s a scarf – sort of. While it doesn’t look so bad in the photo, my scarf is way too short.

Last night I became completely impatient with this project and decided to cast of instead of getting another skein of yarn. Maybe that wasn’t such a good idea because my scarf ended up a little short and a little stumpy.

I wasn’t planning on giving this to anyone. It was just my attempt at learning to knit. There are rows that are noticeably not perfect and I didn’t realize exactly how much yarn it took to cast off so the top is a little knotted.

After I finished it, I wished I had kept going. I am not sure why I felt so compelled to finish at that particular moment. Perhaps, it was the list of projects I was excited about starting and, perhaps, it was that I couldn’t go back and fix the mistakes I made.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Now you can make some hats!

Anonymous said...

I like your dedication! :-) Next one will be even better!