Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Eyebrows

Eyebrows – That’s right I am completely sick of them. Why we continuously tweeze and trim, and wax and shape, I don’t understand. Frankly, it hurts and it’s a little silly.

Sure, I have read all the articles about how eyebrows accent your eyes and how a perfectly shaped brow is the icing on your made-up face. And, like thousands of other women, I stand in front of the mirror squinting, trying to grab stray hairs. It is a never ending process.

I always subscribed to the Brooke Shields style of eyebrows. I would much rather have fuller brows than over-pluck. The whole brow powder and brush thing seemed a bit over the top for me and the less I have to do, the better.

Recently, one of the girls in my office – she’s a notorious over-plucker – decided to have her eyebrows tattooed on. Now, all of us were a little skeptical – okay a lot skeptical about this. I think that everyone can agree that tattooing your make-up on isn’t usually a good idea.

My coworker returned after the procedure with slightly darker eyebrows, but they were still natural looking and had a nice shape. She had always spent time powdering her brows to fill them in so having the color tattooed has removed one item from her list of things to do in the morning.

Obviously she was lucky that the person doing her brows did a good job. However, I to wonder why women driven to such things? I mean a mistake could have been disastrous. Could you image having a crooked brow permanently on your face? Why do we do this to ourselves? Is it because we think guys care or is it because we do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...eyebrows can be an obsession! My friends hated the time I would spend obsessing in front of the mirror filling in my over-plucked brows...So before I became a very lonely girl with no friends and perfectly penciled in brows, I decided to have them permanently tattooed. This way, I could keep my friends, and have perfect brows! Believe it or not, I started plucking again and over-plucked them a little...can someone say therapy?!?!

Anonymous said...

...Don't forget to do your research-The results are permanent! Always see others that have been done before you.

Smurf said...

I agree with you about tatooing make up... SCARY! When I was a teenager... I remember that the receptionist at my dr's ofice had her eyeliner and eyebrows tatooed on... but it was in blue.. it looked a bit odd...

Wendy said...

This totally cracks me up! So glad they came out well :) Just had mine waxed and my boys wanted to watch! What a riot! I wouldn't mind not worrying anymore... who did NOP's brows?