Monday, November 20, 2006

A Day to Remember

For me, birthdays are always a strange mix of emotions. I can’t believe the amount of people who took time out of their lives to think about me on my special day. Both friends and family filled yesterday afternoon with phone calls and the last week with gifts. The day is also a little bittersweet, reminding me of how far I am from my family.

I was reminded by my Uncle Brent of many of the milestones that have shaped the last 23 years and the countless memories that made me smile. At dinner last night, Van reminded me of the milestones and memories that will shape year 24. (For the record – Van has excellent taste in jewelry.)

I hope that the next year is as full of life, joy and love as the last 23.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I didn't know! Happy birthday, albeit belated. I am glad it was so nice for you.