Wednesday, September 05, 2007

BAMN!

I was in New York City last weekend visiting my friend, Sarah, and we happened to walk past BAMN! I was, of course, intrigued.

BAMN! was inspired by the old Automats that were extremely popular the 1930s. Automats are fast food restaurants where the food and drinks are served by inserting coins into vending machines. Automats first became popular in Europe and came to New York in 1912. As drive-thrus and today's fast food restaurants increased in popularity, Automats lost business and began to close. Automats seemed to be a lost art in the U.S. until BAMN! opened in 2006.

A little side note for you Food Network Addicts: BAMN! was featured on the Secret Life Of... Vending Machine episode.



Okay, I had to find this picture online of the place when it
wasn't packed so you could see what it looks like.






BAMN! is busy on a Saturday night.





Grilled Cheese - My Favorite!

No comments: