Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hooray for Hats!

My knitting group met tonight and I have to say it was a much needed break. It was only my second time with the group, but everyone is really nice and extremely helpful. I was able to really relax and spend a couple of hours doing something that I enjoy.

I completed my first for-real scarf and it was actually the right length. I felt great giving them a piece that I was proud of. I am sure that someone will put it to good use.

After conquering the wonderful world of scarves, I decided to venture into hats. Yes, Wendy, you are finally getting hats!

I can’t believe the progress I made in one evening. Scarves take hours and hours to complete and I was excited to discover that I can fly through hats. I was a little unsure of the project at first, I didn’t think that it would be stretchy enough to fit on someone’s head, but persistence has paid off. I have a great looking piece and the yarn is incredibly soft.

Sometimes finding success in the smallest projects can remind you of your potential.

No comments: