Friday, December 22, 2006

The Haircut

Well, I have had two haircuts in the last two days. Yes, one was intentional and the other not exactly.

My friend’s daughter thought that my hair should be shorter and before I realized it, she was making that a reality. For a five-year-old she did a great job and the cut was free. So I figured I came out ahead of the game.

I am a firm believer that hair does grow back and a bad haircut has never ruined me. I also had a lot of layers so a couple of misaligned pieces weren’t really noticeable.

That leads me to cut number two, the not-so-free haircut. I have to admit that having a true professional cut your hair makes a difference. And not to be vain, but I do have a wedding to go to over the holidays.

My friend was seriously upset. Understandably, you can’t have your kids cutting random people’s hair, and I have to admit that I was a little shocked when it happened, but I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. It is a terribly good story.

I remember the days when I used to get perms. Then there was that phase with bangs. And I had the Rachel haircut for a year or two. Thankfully, I did have enough sense to stay away from the mullet.

Looking back on those awful styles, a minor run-in with a five-year-old is nothing to sweat. It is just a good reminder that life is all about the story.

3 comments:

honeykbee said...

The story is almost as great as your outlook!

Wendy said...

That is hysterical. You have a great attitude - not sure I'd be quite as generous! I hope your holidays are terrific....

Anonymous said...

Yikes aren't kids fun. Please consider posting a pic for the out of towners. I hope the rest of your holidays were great.