Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #2 - Rainy Days


It is a very rainy Thursday here in DC and rain in the city can be miserable. In an effort to be optimistic, here are my Thirteen reasons to like Rainy Days.


1. Rainy days are the best days to sleep in.
2. I love the way it smells when it rains because it reminds me of being at camp as a teenager.
3. Rainy days remind me to slow down.
4. Hot chocolate, soup and coffee all taste better on rainy days.
5. Rainy days make me truly appreciative of having a warm, dry apartment to come home to.
6. There is always something childlike about walking around in the rain.
7. Rainy days remind me of the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s and how romantic it is to kiss in the rain.
8. I love the feel of slow, misty rain.
9. Rain forces me to be creative. I have to figure out what to do instead of going on a picnic, attending a football game, or if the power goes out.
10. If it is raining then it isn’t snowing.
11. Nothing feels better than my over-sized college sweatshirt on a rainy day.
12. April showers do bring May flowers.
13. On rainy days you don’t have to worry about doing your hair because it doesn’t matter.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Sarah said...

Rain reminds me of camp, too. This is a great list. Even though it is sunny for me in New Orleans today.

Zeus said...

I love the way rain brings a fresh scent to everything outside. It's especially nice to open the windows and allow that scent inside. You're also right on with #4. I don't know how it's possible, but it is so true!

Very cute list! Happy Thursday to you, and feel free to visit mine if you get the chance.

Anonymous said...

I live near BWI Airport, and it's been raining since about 2 am this morning here as well. If this wasn't the first day that the movers came to pack us up to move to GA, I might be enjoying it in one of the many ways you listed in your list. Ta for now dahling!

Wendy said...

It's rainy tonight & we don't have to go to baseball practice for the kid. The hub and I opened a bottle of wine. We'll have a warm, comforting dinner of red beans and rice and, as a family, watch The Thief Lord. That's what is great about a rainy day.