Friday, August 18, 2006

Another MySpace Addict


Hello, my name is Katie and I am a MySpace addict.

There I said it. Isn't the first step admitting you have a problem?

I have been a member of MySpace for less than two weeks and already I am addicted.

I was intially very skeptical about the whole MySpace trend. Could it really be that interesting? Isn't it enough that I spend all-day on the copmputer at work? How many people would I really know? Isn't this just a way to cyber-stalk all those people who teased you in high school just so you can prove that you are finally cool? (okay - maybe that is just me)

We had been talking about MySpace at work and some of my friends had accounts so I finally bit the bullet and signed up. Well, the curiousity might have had something to do with it - maybe.

Once I had my account it didn't take me long to realize how great MySpace really is. I had so much fun customizing my page (yes, I know I'm a nerd) and looking around. I was surprised at how many of my friends had pages that I didn't know about.

In the last two weeks I managed to recconnect with a couple of people who I had completely lost touch with, found a new creative outlet and learned a bit more about some of the people I already new. Maybe this addiction isn't such a bad thing.

Check out my addiction -
http://www.myspace.com/katiebug_06.

No comments: