Thursday, August 24, 2006

5 Things to do on Metro

I'm a DC snob (everyone has their faults) and I admit that I find the thought of having to Metro more than five stops anywhere appalling - after all, that is why I live in the District.

Now that I am dating a Virginia boy, I have found myself frequently making exhaustingly long Metro trips to Old Town. In order to appease my ADD (and yours too), I have compiled my 5 favorite things to do on Metro.

  1. Count the "CrackBerrys" - my high score 9. (Hint -this one is especially good during morning rush hour)
  2. The iPod Guessing Game - try to figure out what songs/type of music people are playing in those little white earphones. (I like to trick people by going with something by Common or the Ying Yang Twins)
  3. Metro Police - who on your train is breaking one of Metro's rules. (You people with a cup of coffee watch out.)
  4. Fashion Police - give the red carpet review of your fellow riders. (Always more fun with a friend)
  5. Find the Spy - As I learned at the International Spy Museum, DC has more spies than almost any other place in the world.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Those are good ones. To amuse myself on the metro ride to my favorite client organization, I check out the shoes. I wonder how those women in spiked heels walk the streets of DC. I look to see if the men polished their loafers. I look for new styles, funky ones, etc. And I try to find the wackiest ones....