Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You Can't Win All the Time

Just like my Buckeyes, I lost my first game of the season last weekend. My fantasy football team lost after a 9 week winning streak.

I am pretty sure that this is just beginner's luck. I have absolutely no fantasy football or any other fantasy sports competetion experience and didn't know much about the NFL. I probably would have struggled to name 10 players. It just wasn't something that I was very interested in.

Van thought it would be a 'fun' couple activity. Fantasy football wasn't exactly my idea of quality time, but I decided to give it a try. I started the season with the goal of not ending up in last place and was extremely surprised when I kept winning week after week.

Until the last couple of weeks it was pretty smooth sailing. I had managed to recruit a quality group of players and many of them were dependable for more than 20 points per game. Then the injuries started. I lost Sammy Morris and Ronnie Brown for the entire season. Now Larry Johnson is injured.

Thankfully, I have already secured a spot in the play-offs - I'm just hoping the rest of my players can make it that long.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This cracks me up. I have lots of friends who play but have never seen the appeal. You're having fun, right?