Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dreaming of Doughnuts

Last Sunday, I woke up threw some clothes on and headed out for my usual Sunday Me-Time. I jumped in the car and headed over to Target to pick up some things for the apartment.

I was on a major mission to clean my closet and purge some of my magazines. I actually stuck pretty closely to my list only succumbing to the call of the new Real Simple. Yes, I know I was trying to get rid of some of my magazine collection.

After Target, I ran to Dunkin Doughnuts. I ordered my Iced Vanilla Latte lite and picked up six doughnuts. I returned home and enjoyed my Sunday.

Later that night, Van and I were in the kitchen and he complained about the abundance of junk food. We had 2 containers of ice cream, 1 box of doughnuts, 2 fat witch brownies left, cookies from my dad, candy and all chocolate moose munch from Harry and David.

Van: We have got to get rid of this crap.

Me: I know we have so much.

Van: Well, you were the one who bought the doughnuts this morning.

Me: I only bought the doughnuts because you said you wanted them yesterday.

Van: I never said that.

Me: Don't you remember the conversation we had. You said you wanted the doughnuts and I said we had too much junk food. Then you told me that doughnuts were different because doughnuts were comfort food, not junk food.

Van: Umm...That never happen.

Me: Oh, I think I dreamed that last night. I must have really wanted doughnuts.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That is so funny. Gotta run - Dunkin Donuts is right up the street and that sounds really terrific!