Thursday, June 14, 2007

To the Person Who Hit My Car


Dear Driver of the SUV or Truck that hit my car,

Yes, that CRUNCH you heard when you backed up was the door of my car.

While, I understand that you must have been in a hurry or didn’t feel like dealing with an insurance claim or the cost of repairing an 18 inch dent, I must say that I wasn’t in the mood to deal with those things either. I would have greatly appreciated the common courtesy of leaving me a note.

What I am sure that you didn’t realize is that I am completely unable to use the front driver’s side door and with the size and location of the dent I am also no longer able to roll down my window. I have to say it was quite amusing when I needed to get the ticket to enter the long-term parking lot at the airport and when I needed to pay the cashier to exit the lot when I returned from my trip.

I understand there is a certain amount of risk parking my car on the street. Yes, I expected some scratches and a ding or two, but I was completely surprised by this. I guess I figured that a big, red car was pretty hard to miss. Lesson Learned.

Sincerely,

Katie


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give me one of those big suction cups used to carry panes of glass and 10 minutes and I'll have that door useable again. Not pretty, mind you, but useable (including the window).

Katie's Mom said...

Any footage of the ring-around-the-rosie at the airport entrance and exit? Hehehehe! Too bad also that you now have to pay the insurance deductible and the culprit that caused the damage. Sorry for your pain and embarrassment.

Love, Mom

Rita McCall said...

An 18-inch dent is a pain in the neck. I know how you feel, Katie Now that you've learned your lesson, avoid parking in the streets as much as possible. And when parking, consider the spaces around your car to avoid getting hit by another car about to park.