Monday, June 04, 2007

Good Friend, Good Wine

What a delightful weekend I had! My friend Sarah came down to visit from NYC and we had a very relaxing few days.

Saturday we walked from my apartment down to King Street, then down to the water, then up Duke Street to Fayette and then back to my apartment. Upon return it was time to hit the pool and cool off. We hung out at the pool for a few hours before we realized we were getting a little too pink and had to go back inside.

We finished our Saturday with a trip to Target and Whole Foods to get dinner supplies. Van was gracious enough to make steaks stuffed with brie and fresh crabmeat and Sarah saut̩ed veggies. My contribution Рwell, I picked out the wine.

I picked up a bottle of Francis Coppola’s Diamond Series Claret. The wine was excellent and very reasonably priced. It was a great pairing with the steak.

Sarah and I braved the rain on Sunday for brunch and Bread and Chocolate, one of our old favorites. We warmed up with hot coffee and breakfast pannis. Yum!

Unfortunately, Sarah had to go back, but I can’t wait for our next weekend visit.

No comments: