Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Engagement Pictures are Better than School Pictures


Van and I had our engagement photos taken last Sunday and the drama of deciding what to wear reminded me of picture day at school. Here are thirteen ways that engagements pictures are better than school pictures.

1. After three hours of shooting, there has to be at least a couple of good pictures.
2. Walking around downtown Richmond and Belle Island is much better than sitting on a stool in front of some cheesy backdrop.
3. The matching jean skirt and vest combo has been replaced by my Sass & Bide jeans.
4. There wasn't 20 other classmates standing in line waiting for their picture to be taken.
5. I have thoroughly out-grown the akward bang stage.
6. I have also thankfully out-grown teenage acne.
7. I now know the joys of Photoshop.
8. Instead of staring at the beautiful day outside the classroom window, we were outside enjoying it.
9. Having another person in the picture takes the pressure off.
10. I didn't have to worry about messing my clothes up at recess.
11. Let's face it Don is a much cooler photographer than any of the ones who took my school pictures.
12. It is much easier to smile with Van joking, laughing and teasing than in front of random strangers.
13. I am much more comfortable with who I am.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: