Monday, February 12, 2007

A Fat Witch and Better Burger

Hooray for weekends in New York! It thrills me to no end the things that are there. Every time I go I am able to go someplace new or try something that I have never experienced.

Saturday, Sarah, Beth and I went to Chelsea Market, home of the Food Network. Seriously, I was in heaven. We sampled all sorts of great treats like Fat Witch brownies and Aztec hot cocoa. The bakeries there had the most fantastic looking cupcakes. They are definitely something for me to aspire to.

While we were there, we found these great boxes to give the boys for Valentine’s Day. We spent the rest of the day making cookies and brownies to fill the boxes. I was, of course, volunteered to supervise the baking.

When fully assembled, the boxes looked like they came straight from Harry and David. We were so proud of ourselves. I even had the opportunity to practice the signature Martha Stewart bow.

Sunday, Jenny showed me their new apartment and we made a trip to Better Burger before I caught the bus back to DC.

Most of you know my love for all things organic and Better Burger is no exception. All the meat is antibiotic and pesticide free, and mostly organic. They bake their fries, instead of frying them, and use heart healthy olive oil. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The burger wasn’t greasy at all. If there was one in DC, I would go there all the time.

No comments: