Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What does your registry say about you?

Van and I have been spending a lot of time lately building our wedding registry. We have spent many hours debating the merit of certain brands of toasters, blenders, knives and cookware to select the exact items we want most. We have also been worried about what certain items would say to our guests. For instance:

Vacu Vin Wine Saver - I start things that I don't finish.

Vacu Vin Wine Saver Extra Stoppers - Maybe I start a lot of things I don't finish.

Simple Chinese Cooking a Cookbook by Kylie Kwong - I'm trying to impress my soon-to-be-mother-in-law

Black and Decker 6-Volt Cordless Screwdriver - Van must have been working on the registry that day.

20 Pieces of Lock&Lock Airtight Storage Containers - We love Lock&Lock!

Glass Pitcher, Glass Vases and Glass Canisters - Van is putting way too much trust in me not to break something.

Culinary Torch - Clearly, I am asking for trouble.

Blue Dessert Knife - We eat enough cakes, brownies and can't leave alone bars to warrant getting a special knife.

Metrokane Rabbit Corkscrew - I apparently need to get into my wine faster.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

you may need to get into your wine faster, but you don't finish a bottle. Hmmm. Now that's interesting!

I WANT A CULINARY TORCH! How fun is that?