Friday, July 20, 2007

Hotel

The Nairobi Hilton were I stayed during the trip was nice. Although, our room was actually a little more Hojo than Hilton. Trust me, I am definitely not complaining.

The room was just a little run down. Everything just looked dingy and there were cracks in the plaster walls. There weren't the typical luxuries I was expecting in the room like hangers, an alarm clock and an iron for our clothes.

Thankfully, there weren't any bugs or other creepy, crawly things so I was a happy camper. There was also good Pub on the lobby level that had chicken fingers and fries just like in the States. I have to say the chicken fingers were exponentially better than the conference food.

I shared my room with one of the other interns, Icilda from Belize. We got along wonderfully and stayed up talking most nights until early in the morning - much to the annoyance of our neighbors.

Here are pictures from Pizza Night in our room-
Icilda
Me

1 comment:

Wendy said...

great pix! More...we want more!